How many of you have been wanting to learn a new language or refresh a rusty one but couldn’t find the motivation to do it? I know, I am one of them ! I have decided to sign up for the Language Challenge 180 with Multilingual Living to learn: Spanish, Swedish and refresh my Italian. Why these three? I have that feeling that learning Spanish will be useful to me some day – not sure why but I have to learn it. Swedish because I love the language, the Nordic countries and had a great time uttering a few words when I was there traveling and it sounds like fun ! And last but not least, Italian because it is a beautiful language and I haven’t done anything about it since I graduated from university two years ago. I needed that extra boost to get started !
The challenge starts on March 1st and you can sign up – it is free and the only commitment you make is to yourself so don’t hesitate !
Many of us need some support in the following:
- Learn a new language
- Keep a non-native language strong
- Help our children master our language(s)
- And maybe even our own native language(s) if we aren’t able to use it/them with others!
But we need a plan to go about these (myself included). Therefore, I am so very excited to announce that we have just what you (and I) need!
No, don’t worry, you won’t have to sing Karaoke in a new language or write a three page essay. Your children won’t have to perform their language(s) on camera. All you have to do is give yourself permission to get excited, motivated and inspired (and sign up!).
What I am talking about here is an event we have put together called Language Challenge 180 which will include the following:
- A step-by-step guide to get you on track with your language(s)
- A step-by-step guide on how best to expose your children to your language(s)
- Short weekly emails with tips to keep your& your children’s language mastery on track
- Support and camaraderie via weekly online conversations and contact
- Articles written by language experts to help us along
- Language-learning resource suggestions and links for adults and children
- And best of all: Prizes, prizes, prizes – yes, we have sponsors who have donated some great prizes!
Why is it called Language Challenge 180? We chose this name because:
- It will last 180 days (well, 6 months which is about 180 days)
- We need to turn things around 180-degrees if we are going to get our language-learning under control!
Read more here: Are You Ready for the Challenge?
So join me in this challenge and let me know which language(s) you are going to work on ! A presto !