Easy messy apple crisp recipe ingredients for 4-6 servings:
- Topping: Half a cup of all purpose flour + 1/4 of granulated sugar + 1/4 cup of brown sugar + 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon + 1/8 tsp of salt + 6 tbsp of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Filling: 3-4 apples peeled, cored and cut into chunks + 3tbsp of granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C. Butter baking dish.
- Mix topping with fingertips (Sixtine’s favorite!) until crumbly.
- Lick + eat + spill + drop + laugh + enjoy each other.
- Toss apple chunks and sugar (you can add some lemon as well but we didn’t) in a bowl and transfer to baking dish.
- Spread topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let it cool for about half hour. Chase after toddler.
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking.
It was our first (real) time cooking together and Sixtine and I both enjoyed it a lot. I loved observing her as she was pouring and mixing ingredients. She was very studious and seemed so happy with herself. De beaux souvenirs…(*beautiful memories) Oh and she is quite the cook too. It was delicious!
*make sure to enter this week’s giveaway!