- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (or 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- food coloring (or any homemade vegetable/fruit juice)
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a pan
- Cook over stove on medium heat
- Remove when the mix starts to harden
- Stir until ball starts to form
- Knead dough
- Separate into different bowls and add food coloring
- And voila!
- Ziplock bags will keep them nice and fresh
- You can also freeze them
I am very happy with the final result! I suggest using more spices than I did for greater smell but I only had cinnamon and it wasn’t very strong. Sixtine couldn’t care less but I would love to see how yours turned out! Oh, and one last tip, to prevent food coloring from staining your hands, I suggest oiling them a little bit.
Recipe adapted from pinterest !